Who can be a Franciscan Friar?
A candidate for our way of life is:
- Between 21 and 45 years of age
- A citizen or Legal Permanent Resident of the U.S.
- In good physical and mental health
- Open to learning about himself and the demands of Franciscan religious life in the 21st century
- Committed to living the vows of celibate chastity, poverty and obedience
- Prayerful with a desire to mature in the spiritual life
- A practicing Roman Catholic for at least one year
- Free of significant financial and family obligations
- A high school graduate, preferably completion of at least two years of college
- Able to live and serve joyfully in fraternal communities
- Able to compassionately serve the poor, the vulnerable and those different from ourselves