- Between 21 and 40 years of age. Candidates not in this age group will be considered
on a case by case basis.
- A United States citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States.
- Of good physical and mental health.
- A high-school graduate who, preferably, has completed at least two years
- Free of significant financial and family obligations.
- A practicing Roman Catholic for at least two years after the completion of the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation).
- Prayerful, with a desire to mature in the spiritual life.
- Open to learning about himself and the demands of Franciscan religious life.
- Committed to living the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience.
- Able to live and serve joyfully within fraternal community.
- Able to compassionately serve the poor, vulnerable, and those different from himself.
If for some reason you do not meet all of these requirements, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our vocation team. We are available for a conversation about your particular circumstances.
Under the guidance of the Franciscan friars, retreats address a spiritual hunger in people of every faith tradition, especially...
Brother James Lockman, ofm, currently works as a Senior Vegetation and Restoration Ecologist for a company that restores natural...
The Way of St. Francis is a full-color magazine published by the Franciscan Friars of California (OFM), three times...