A candidate for religious life as a Franciscan friar is usually:
- Between 21 and 45 years of age. Candidates not in this age group will be considered
on a case by case basis.
- A United States citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States.
- Of good physical and mental health.
- A high-school graduate who, preferably, has completed at least two years
- Free of significant financial and family obligations.
- A practicing Roman Catholic for at least one year.
- Prayerful, with a desire to mature in the spiritual life.
- Open to learning about himself and the demands of Franciscan religious life.
- Committed to living the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience.
- Able to live and serve joyfully within fraternal community.
- Able to compassionately serve the poor, vulnerable, and those different from himself.
If for some reason you do not meet all of these requirements, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our vocation team. We are available for a conversation about your particular circumstances.
OFM.FYI is published on the 1st and 15th of each month. It brings you news from across our province and...
A Day in the Life of a Franciscan Friar, was produced by Phoenix-based photographer Peter Jordan in cooperation...
The Way of St. Francis is a full-color magazine published by the Franciscan Friars of California (OFM), three times...