A candidate for religious life as a Franciscan friar is usually:
- Between 21 and 40 years of age. Candidates not in this age group will be considered
on a case by case basis.
- A United States citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States.
- Of good physical and mental health.
- A high-school graduate who, preferably, has completed at least two years
- Free of significant financial and family obligations.
- A practicing Roman Catholic for at least one year.
- Prayerful, with a desire to mature in the spiritual life.
- Open to learning about himself and the demands of Franciscan religious life.
- Committed to living the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience.
- Able to live and serve joyfully within fraternal community.
- Able to compassionately serve the poor, vulnerable, and those different from himself.
If for some reason you do not meet all of these requirements, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our vocation team. We are available for a conversation about your particular circumstances.
Brother James Lockman, ofm, currently works as a Senior Vegetation and Restoration Ecologist for a company that restores natural...
The Way of St. Francis is a full-color magazine published by the Franciscan Friars of California (OFM), three times...
OFM.FYI is published on the 1st and 15th of each month. It brings you news from across our province and...